Act One VR Assistants
Act One is launching Arts Immersion, a traveling virtual reality field trip program into schools this fall. Experience with virtual reality is not required, Act One staff will train you! This position has flexible hours to fit within your other commitments. Ideal candidates will be people that have or are looking for experience in teaching, arts and technology. We want energetic, professional, and reliable people to join our team to work directly with Title I students in schools. Act One serves students in Phoenix and Tucson, with each city having their own team of Assistants. We are hiring for both teams!
Drive our Act One VR van to schools and lead students through our curated VR classroom experience and discussion. Build your teaching experience and resume. Become an Act One VR Assistant today!
- $20.00 hourly employee, plus honorariums for meals during overnight trips.
- Around 15 hours per week – when not presenting to schools, you will be participating in school outreach and promotion.
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Possibly visiting two or more schools a week
- Flexible schedule
- Driver’s License and safe driving record
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- 18 years or older
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Experience with children
- Must be dependable
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are necessary.
- Service-oriented approach is a high priority. Professional, helpful, accommodating, and responsible posture necessary at all times.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Must demonstrate personal initiative and creative thinking to solve logistical challenges.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
- Classroom management experience preferred
- Technologically savvy
- Job may include repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing; sitting for periods of time; standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching and reaching with hands and arms.
For questions please email Beth Maloney at email@example.com, thank you!