Act One Hiring Field Trip Manager
FIELD TRIP MANAGER
Act One makes the arts accessible to more than 550,000 Arizona children and families each year through its field trip program for K-12 students attending Title 1 schools and the Act One Culture Pass available at libraries. The Field Trip Manager manages the day-to-day logistics for the Act One Field Trip program and is responsible for the ultimate success of the Act One Field Trip program and the SEATS program. This is a full-time position and reports to the Vice President of Strategies and Programs. This person is the primary contact for schools, bus companies, and arts and cultural partners to facilitate an Act One field trip.
- Utilizing Salesforce (cloud-based software), manage all field trip requests including scheduling, confirming, invoicing, reporting, communicating, etc. Ensure all documents are scanned and uploaded to Salesforce and all records contain up-to-date, complete information.
- Schedule field trips with schools. Process incoming requests from schools and execute service agreements by obtaining appropriate authorizations and signatures. Generate invoices for field trip participation.
- Communicate consistently with point-of-contact (teacher) details for upcoming field trip to ensure a successful experience including pick-up and drop-off times, teaching guides, surveys and reminders.
- Communicate consistently with arts partners, including confirming data about attending schools, number of students, number of buses, arrival time, etc.
- Troubleshoot scheduling. Manage cancellations by maintaining a wait list and filling the seats with students. Proactively reach out to teachers when field trips aren’t full or cancellations take place.
- Track and manage payables and invoices in Salesforce for reconciliation from schools, bus companies and arts and cultural organizations. Review and process invoices from bus companies and PO#s from schools.
- Schedule transportation for field trips. Confirm district buses or schedule private buses for each field trip, ensuring information is accurate on invoices and are processed with accounting.
- Be accessible and/or attend field trips to troubleshoot any logistic challenges.
- Other duties as appropriate and time allows.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are necessary.
- Service-oriented approach is a high priority. Professional, helpful, accommodating and responsible posture necessary at all times.
- Strong project management skills; ability to meet deadlines while maintaining good relations with colleagues.
- Ability to quickly and effectively gather information via internet, database and other avenues.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Must demonstrate personal initiative and creative thinking to solve logistical challenges.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Experience using Word, Outlook, Excel and CRMs. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Must have valid driver license and the ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing; sitting for periods of time; occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching and reaching with hands and arms.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Field Trip Manager – YOUR NAME in the subject line.